You’ve now got the basics of Auto Chess Mobile down pat using our Auto Chess basics guide, and you’re now looking for more advanced techniques to help you win. Well, look no further! Get to know advanced tips and tricks with our Auto Chess Mobile: Advanced Tips and Strategies!
There are two sources of gold in the game. The first one is the 5 golds you get every round and the gold you get from your winning streak or losing streak. You get one gold for beating an enemy and will increase to 3 golds if you win continuously. A losing streak will produce gold as well but in the cost of you losing HP from constantly being defeated. You either want to keep winning and hold your position, or keep losing rounds to maximize the gold you get and make a comeback late in the game.
The second method is the gold you generate from interest. For every 10 golds you don’t use, you will get one gold interest (10%). So if you have 20-29 unspent golds, you’ll get two golds interest per round. And if you keep around 50 golds or so, then you’ll generate 5 golds interest per round, which is almost the same as the gold you get on a maximum streak per round. This can play a very huge role late game when you are scrambling to upgrade as many pieces as you can.
Gold management is a very important aspect of the game. It will help you climb up the bracket and secure a position in the top 3. If you were able to make it to the top 3 and are now facing two opponents, it’s better to have 5+ golds stacked than desperately trying to reroll with a mere 10 gold every round.
As a general rule of thumb, always try to maintain your gold in the two digit amount (10, 20, 30, 40, 50) before the end of every round. Remember that you get 10% interest for every 10 gold you don’t spend. This will give you the maximum amount of gold to purchase good pieces.
Another important thing to remember is restraint. Do not rush your level and spend all your gold, or try to reroll again and again just to get one piece. It’s a waste of gold trying to reroll in the early stages since the game is centered around RNG. Balance your gold spending, leveling up, and purchasing pieces.
Tank and warrior units often go to the frontline. Their purpose is to draw aggro from enemies, leaving your other units to dish out damage. Sometimes, you’ll need to put tanks in the back row to counter specific enemy units. More about this in the formation section.
Assassins are generally always put in the back row or at the very edge of the board. This lessens the chance of them getting aggro. Just remember that you’ll need some good tanks to take on the aggro before building up your assassins. Think of them as a glass cannon unit. Heavy damage, yet very fragile.
Ranged units consist of hunters, mages, healers, etc. They are generally placed in the back row. They dish higher damage compared to melee units. The usual combo will be range units at the very back row and tanks in the front. Check the formation section for a more in-depth explanation.
If your pieces mostly consist of warriors and knights, put them as close to the enemy as possible so that they will engage faster. Having an all-melee team positioned on the second and third row is counterproductive because they would take more time to engage and would have a lower impact. This strategy is also useful for assassin pieces but instead of putting them on the front row, you need to put them on the last row. This way, they would jump right away to the enemy backlines.
Tight corner / box:
If you have ranged damage dealers like hunters and mages in your team, you’ll mostly want to protect them, since they will be your main source of damage. The best approach is luring the enemy army toward you, so put your units as far away from them as possible. Tank units like warriors and knights go in the second row, while damage dealers should be at the first row so that they are the last units the enemy will focus on. Putting squishy damage dealers on the backline but exposed on the outside is a mistake since they’ll be targeted by assassin pieces.
Check your opponents’ boards and if you notice they are building up more towards pieces that have a lot of AoE skills, then you need to consider making a move to counter it. Moving your pieces and making plans one step ahead of other players is the key to victory. You can spread out your pieces on the board evenly, forcing your opponent to do the same. This way, when an AoE is cast, only a few of your pieces will be affected. A good example is when a pirate king uses his AoE. If your pieces are spread out, only a few units will be stunned. That is already a huge strategic result favoring you. If it’s the other way around and you’re the one doing an AoE team, then make sure your AoE unit is as far away as possible from the skirmish.
If your opponent is running an assassin lineup, do not keep your regular positioning of tanks in front and squishy damage dealers in the back. Remember that assassins will jump to the backline so you’ll need some tanks protecting your damage dealers in the back row to counter an assassin high damage output. Check your opponent’s board to see how many assassins they have, and put the appropriate tanks in the back row to protect your ranged damage dealers. That being said, don’t leave your front line entirely defenseless. Keep one or two tanks there to occupy the enemy frontline.
Synergies in Auto Chess Mobile are special passive and active skills that a piece receives if there are a specific number of pieces of the same class or race at play. They are very important and must always be taken into account in planning your strategies and approach.
Generally, class synergies are more important than race synergies. Only pieces of different types are included in the synergy. For example, If we have two tusk champions on the board, they don’t count as two warriors. Some classes are good at the early stages of the round, others excel mid game, and some will become important later on.
Below is a summarized list of synergies you can test out.
- (6) Warrior: ally warriors gain armor increase by 7.
- (2) Egersis: all enemy armor reduced to 4.
- (2) Beast: all allies gain 10% damage including summoned units.
- (2) Human: all allies gain a 20% chance to silence an enemy for 4 seconds.
- (4) Knight: all knights gain 30% chance every 3 seconds to cast a damage reducing shield for 3 seconds.
- (4) Egersis: all enemy armor reduced to 6.
- (3) Warlock: gain 15% life steal for all allies.
- (2) Glacier: all ally glaciers gain a 35% attack speed.
- (6) Feathered – all allied feathered gains 25% evasion.
- (3) Dragons: all ally dragons gain 100 mana when the battle starts.
- (2) Knight: all knights gain 25% chance every 3 seconds to cast a damage reducing shield that grants 75% magic resistance and 30 armor for 3 seconds.
- (2) Druids: every 2 same 1-star druids on board can combine into 2-star druid.
Ten tips to remember
- Don’t start a game with just one strategy in mind. You need to be flexible. If your first strategy doesn’t pan out as good as you hoped, you need to be ready to adjust and adopt a new strategy.
- Understand how to level and build an economy. Take advantage of the winning streak and losing streak. Gold is key to get the pieces you need to gain a fighting chance.
- In early and mid game, it is better to gain 2-star units than aim for a synergy early on. 2-star units can carry you through the mid-game. Once you establish a good team, then aim for a synergy based build.
- Don’t waste your gold rerolling the shop in the early and late game unless you really have to. Building up your economy takes more priority since you’ll be able to reroll without worrying about your gold depleting later on.
- Plan your strategies as if you are aiming for level 8. Achieving level 9 and 10 is difficult since its a move that requires a lot of gold, so you should focus more on level 8 and build your strategy around it. If all goes well, then you can plan for level 9 to 10.
- Always be aware of what types of synergies your enemies are building. Remember that all players are competing not just for the top 3 places, but for synergies as well. Check what units they are building on and plan your strategy to counter them.
- Learn what items do and equip them to the pieces that work best with those items. Think of it as an RPG, you wouldn’t equip a tank with a magic wand instead of a shield, right? Understand what bonuses an item gives and equip it to a piece that can take advantage of those bonuses. Warriors can use +armor and health regen items better, mana regen items go to magic users that can cast skills, and so on.
- Learn how to position your pieces on the board. There are many positioning strategies you can do. Experiment on what best works for the situation. Always remember that pieces with high HP should be in the front since they’ll be the ones who will be absorbing the blows, while your damage dealers should be on the back. This is just one example you can try out.
- Don’t get upset with a loss. Auto Chess in its core is very random and you will be praying to the RNG God more than you can count. There will be times that you are just unlucky with your roles and that’s totally fine. It’s part of the game.
- Know and understand the meta. Know the strong synergies but also how to counter them. Read up on new meta, learn the new updates, and just be up to date with the game.
And there you have it. We hope this advanced guide helps you gain the upper hand in Auto Chess Mobile. Remember that the game is purely random, so don’t be discouraged if you don’t get the top spot since the main goal here is to get into the top 3. There will also be times that you’ll just be unlucky, but don’t worry about it too much and just have fun! Got a strategy you want to share with us? Let us know below! See you on the board!