Legend of Neverland is a brand new anime-style mobile MMORPG that just recently launched this month. The game has filled the current void of open-world MMORPG and is somewhat a signal that we’re moving to a new phase. After all, we are now in the third quarter of 2021, and what better way to start this quarter than a brand new MMO game.
Set in the world of Cabala, players will set forth in their adventure in this place people once called paradise. Now it’s just a barren wasteland full of danger and mystery at every corner. But do not worry, you won’t be alone cause your trusty flower fairy will be with you throughout your journey of discovery! And if you’re just starting it now, here’s a basic guide for all new adventurers! This guide will help you understand the game better and set you on the right path through Cabala.
Character creation, Classes, and weapon types
Adventurers in Cabala will start off by creating their own characters. You can choose different hairstyles and hair colors, face shapes, eyes and eye color, mouth, height, and even weight. You can also test out the different armors and costumes found in the game to see how cool your character will look in the future.
There are 4 different types of classes in the game namely the Gladiator, Archer, Craftsman, and Scholar. Each class can switch to 3 different types of weapons so basically, the classes in the game are just formality. The starting tutorial of the game will let you test out the different weapons you can use in Legend of Neverland. These are:
- Sword – close quarter weapons, has decent damage with various skills with multiple hits. Favors fast attacks and is often paired with high def armor.
- Bow – long range weapon that can swiftly dish out damage from a distance. Favors single target attacks.
- Tome – magic type weapon with ranged attacks. High damage output that favors AoE attacks with a bit of support skill mixed in.
- Gun – another ranged typed weapon. Can deal heavy damage with splash effects good for enemies huddled together. Has the ability to summon a support turret.
Character Interface and different stats
You can check various information about your character by going to the main menu located at the upper right of the screen and then tapping character. Here you can check your current level, Combat Power (CP), your currently equipped gear, titles, resonance, and the closet where you keep your costumes.
There are multiple character attributes to take note of:
- HP – Your core stat. When HP reaches 0, your character will die.
- Attack – this will be your benchmark for your character’s damage output.
- Defense – this is the benchmark where the damage you take will be reduced.
- Recovery – HP recovers every 5 seconds, and the recovery speed will be increased 5 times when you are not in battle.
Spirit Companions and their benefits
Spirits are your lifetime companions throughout Legend of Neverland. They will give you bonus stats as they level up and become stronger, as well as giving you various privileges. Additionally, as your spirit grows and levels up, their appearance changes as well.
Here are important information you need to know about spirits:
- Feed spirits to upgrade them. You can use unnecessary gears or exclusive EXP items to feed your spirit.
- When spirit reaches a higher level, a higher attribute bonus will be granted to your character.
- You can check what kind of privileges you have unlocked by going to the spirit menu. You can navigate to this by going to the main menu and tapping the spirit button located directly below the character menu icon.
Questing and Auto Combat
Questing in Legend of Neverland is fairly easy. Available quests are located on the right side of your screen. Tapping one of these quests will automatically move you to the designated quest area. An auto combat feature is available for those with busy lifestyles. This feature is unlocked fairly early in the game. Just follow the main quest and you’ll be introduced to the auto-combat system.
Quests consist of various tasks like killing a certain number of enemies, doing mundane tasks, or fetching quests where you need to retrieve certain items and give them back to the person who gave you the quest. There’s also purchasing quests where you need to buy something to progress. Long story short, questing in Neverland is all automated for you. Just tap the quest and let your character do all the work.
Different kinds of skills and skill awakening
Skills are your bread and butter for combat. Each weapon has different kinds of skills and skill trees. There are 2 types of skill found in the game. Active skills and passive skills. You can also upgrade these skills further by doing skill awakening.
- Active skill – each class corresponds to one type of weapon. Switching weapons will also switch class and active skills. You can equip 3 types of weapons at most which can be switched easily in battle. Attributes of all equipped weapons will be effective.
- Passive skill – each class has its own passive skills which can increase your character’s stats. Passive skills are effective for all classes once activated.
- Skill awakening – active skills can be awakened upon reaching the required level. After completing the awakening quest, the original skill will be awakened to a more powerful skill.
The Life System and its uses
The life system has become a staple for modern MMORPG games and Legend of Neverland is no exception. Just like in any MMO game, the life system is a crucial feature where you can gather various materials to be used to upgrade your gear, make special items, and so on.
There are various life skills you can master in the game:
- Mine – valuable ore can be dug up. You can use ores to create equipment advancing materials.
- Copy – imprints on steles can be copied. You can use this to restore skill books.
- Insect catching – various insects can be caught to obtain materials used to make crystals.
- Fishing – fish can be obtained from various bodies of water. Ingredients from fishing can be used to make dishes.
Some life skills like fishing are not immediately open for you. You can either do a specific quest to unlock this feature or buy a certain item to immediately unlock it.
Closet System to change your appearance
You can change your appearance using the Closet system. You can navigate to this feature by going to the main menu and tapping the closet icon.
In this menu, you can check the various appearances you have unlocked. These can be tried on or matched freely. Positions without a chosen appearance from the closet will display its original appearance. Equipped appearances can also be dyed on the dye tab. You need dye material to change your appearances’ color palette and the results will always be random unless you get special dyes that can let you pick which colors you like.
If appearances don’t suit your fancy, you can always hide them in the settings.
Flower Fairies, combat assistants
Flower Fairies are your active companions in the game. They can specialize in combat, support, etc. You can only deploy 2 flower fairies during combat. When deployed the stats of your flower fairies will be added to your character. Once deployed flower fairies will automatically do normal attacks against your enemies.
Just like your character, flower fairies have passive and active skills. Active skills can be released manually during combat while passive skills are always in effect. You can increase flower fairies’ stats by advancing them to the next tier. You’ll need duplicates of that flower fairy to do so. Here’s important information you need to know when deploying flower fairies.
- Deploying 2 flower fairies of the same type will give bonus stats.
- Deploying flower fairies that are a natural counter against your target enemies will give 50% bonus damage.
- Holy attributes can be combined with other attributes, enhancing the countering effect.
- You can always check if your flower fairies are in advantage or disadvantaged by checking your enemy status bar. An icon will be displayed for each status.
- Assisting flower fairies can be deployed but they will not be active in combat. Instead they will give their stats to your character as a bonus, this also includes their passives.
- You can deploy 4 flower fairies.
- Good (blue tier) fairies cannot be deployed, they can only assist.
How to gain more Flower Fairies
You can gain more flower fairies by summoning them in the Link Menu. Simply tap the teardrop icon located inside the Flower Fairy menu and it will transport you to the link menu where you can summon new flower fairies to aid you in your journey. This is essentially the gacha system of the game.
To summon, you will need summon seeds. You can gain summon seeds by doing daily quests, buy them in the guild shop, or in operational events. You can also use Element Summon Seed, a special seed that can be used to summon specific element type fairies.
Mounts for easier travelling
Mounts are available in Legend of Neverland. These are useful companions that will help you travel faster from point A to point B. You can unlock mounts when you reach level 16. You’ll get a free Chiko mount. Mounts can be customized as well using dyes.
Offline Battle mode (offline auto farming)
People who have a busy lifestyle will be pleased to know that Legend of Neverland has an offline farming mode. In Cabala’s wilderness, players can have 360 minutes of rewarding offline farming every day (various other gameplay features are not included). Offline auto farming will consume this set allotted time. The rewarding battle time refreshes at 5:00 AM every day.
Additionally, you can choose monsters of the unlocked areas as the targets for your offline farming. Based on the power difference between you and the target monster, the rewards will be different. The accumulated rewarding offline auto-battle time is up to 2 hours, that is, if you are offline for more than 2 hours.
In the loot preview, you can see the amount of EXP and coins dropped per monster, while the other items are possible loot. When there is a big difference between your level and the monster’s level, the drop rate will decrease gradually to 0%.
The Guild system
Reaching level 25 will unlock the guild system. To navigate, tap the main menu and tap the guild icon. You can either join an existing guild or create your own. Creating your own guild will require 200 crystals to make or if you can wait, reach level 50 so you can use 500 Cabala sapphires instead. In the guild creation menu, you can name your guild, edit the join conditions, customize your guild badge, and change the banner color.
Joining a guild will open up new content for you, including the guild main hall where you can check the current information about your guild, the personnel bureau where you can check who are the members of your guild and their current ranks, guild shop where you can buy exclusive guild supplies, guild welfare where you can send angpao to your guildmates, and finally the activity venue where you can participate in various guild related events like guild quest, GVG, Gloomy real, and many more.
There are various instances in Legend of Neverland. They are crucial for your characters growth so remember to never skip them
- Ancient ruins – Challenge this stage and defeat the boss to acquire equipment.
- Ladder arena – 1 on 1 battles between players.
- EXP Pool – defeat enemy waves in this instance to gain lots of character EXP.
- Expel Incident – investigate various incidents and get rewards for solving them.
- Garden party – dance, join a quiz, and party with other players to gain character EXP.
- Giant Boss – battle against huge boss monsters and gain high rewards.
- Abyss ruins – explore the ancient ruins, defeat the enemies lurking there and gain rewards.
- Wild Quest – every week new quests will be available in wild quests. Help the people with their requests and get rewards.
- Realm Corridor – You need realm tickets to enter this instance. Clear the current difficulty to unlock the next tier. The higher the tier, the bigger the rewards.