Time to trust the heart of the cards and the luck of the draw, summoner! Legends of Runeterra has launched for mobile 2 days earlier than initially planned!
The game is set in the world of League of Legends, Runeterra. For those curious, yes everything in Legends of Runeterra is officially canon to the Leagues, story, and meta thus effectively expanding the world Riot has made by tenfold. LOR is a strategy card game where skill, creativity, and cleverness determine your success. You can choose your champions, each with a unique mechanic inspired by their original League of Legends abilities.
Every character and card in the game comes from a region of Runeterra:
- Demacia, lead by King Jarvan, they house the most powerful army Runeterra has ever seen. Magic is forbidden here but there are those who practice it in secret like Lux, little sister to the leader of the Dauntless Vanguard, Garen.
- Noxus, prizes power above all. Anyone can rise in Noxus as long as you have the strength to back it up. Despite their ruthless facade, Noxians respect every individual under their banner. That is if you really earned it.
- Freljord, lies in the snow-covered lands that were once home to the three great sisters. Here, the war mother Ashe, her husband the barbarian Tryndamere, and the great hero, Braum set their home. In the Freljord, the weak die. If the cold doesn’t take you, the denizens of the frost will.
- Ionia, a place of magic and mystery. Here, the balance of good and evil is maintained thanks to the Kinkou led by Shen, the eye of twilight, and Zed who works in the shadows and prefers to act than to observe. Despite their differences and bloody past, they have agreed on a mutual but rocky stalemate.
- Shadow Isles, a once-powerful magical archipelago that housed numerous artifacts, this desolate land now only reeks of death and suffering. Here, evil is born, unbeknownst to the rest of Runeterra, the isles plans to bring the Ruination beyond their shores. Hecarim, Elise, and Thresh all reside in this place.
- Piltover and Zaun, the twin cities of technology and innovation. One who strives for the future, and one who just wants to see the world blow up. Like-minded and intelligent people gather in this land, including Heimerdinger and Ezreal, but it also attracts shady people as well like Jinx.
Each region has a distinct playstyle and strategic advantage, but things get even more interesting when you combine cards from two different regions. The newest addition to the region is Bildgewater, where the champions Gangplank, Fizz, Miss Fortune, Twisted Fate, and much more hail from. The Bildgewater patch came right after the early launch. Riot probably meant this so new players can catch up since the patch introduced over 120 new cards. That’s a lot.
- Classic champs from League of Legends and brand new characters from the world of Runeterra come to life in vivid detail.
- It’s all about the choices you make and the risks you take. Every move matters and the outplays are all up to you.
- Earn cards for free as you play or buy exactly what you want. You’re in control of your collection, and you’ll never pay for random packs of cards.
- Combine, adapt, and experiment with frequent new releases in an always-evolving meta.
- Dynamic, alternating gameplay means you can always react and counter, but so can your opponent.
- Battle friends for bragging rights, challenge foes in Ranked play, or embark on an Expedition and draft a deck as you go.
- Explore the epic regions of Runeterra to reveal hidden connections between the denizens, dangers, and creatures that live there.
Legends of Runeterra is out now for PC and Android. Visit their official website for more information. From the champions to the combat, the regions to the reactions, every choice you make is a chance to be legendary.