The Overwatch2: Behind the Scenes featurette during BlizzcOnline gave players a look at the ongoing development of Overwatch 2 and how the game has evolved since its unveiling at BlizzCon2019. Here are a few highlights:
- A first look at some new locations players will travel to in the upcoming sequel, including Rome, which is the setting for a map in the new Push mode, and the New York City of Overwatch’s future Earth.
- A glimpse at the evolving new looks for heroes from the original Overwatch, including McCree and Pharah.
- Developments that came as a result of players’ feedback on the Overwatch 2 demo at BlizzCon 2019, including the evolution of some fearsome Null Sector foes.
- A look at new Null Sector enemies like the Stalker and Breacher.
- A peek at the latest iteration of talents, part of the progression system that lets players customize heroes’ abilities in the sequel’s all-new cooperative experience.
- An update on Story Missions and Hero Missions, including how the team makes the world feel dynamic and a behind-the-scenes look at the creative process.
Furthermore, until February 25, players can celebrate the Year of the Ox in Overwatch with seasonal cosmetics and an all-new brawl.
- New Brawl: Bounty Hunter – Hunt or be hunted! In this 8-player brawl debuting for the Year of the Ox, the player who scores the first kill becomes the Target, while the rest become Bounty Hunters tasked with taking them out. The player who kills the Target then becomes the new Target.
- Year of the Ox Cosmetics – Unlock seasonal skins like Kkachi Echo, Dragonfire Bastion, and Tiger Huntress Ashe (with beastly B.O.B. at her side), or claim Imperial Guard Reaper in the final weekly challenge of the Year of the Ox.
You can watch the entire Overwatch 2: Behind the Scenes featurette at Blizzcon’s official website.